Monday 26 April 2010

A bit of luxury

I feel like treating myself today. Now, this is rare. I very seldom want to buy anything for myself. Quite sad, really, because I wish I were the kind of person who could go out, buy something slightly extravagant once in a while and feel genuinely good afterwards. Happy. Satisfied. Instead, I've often felt pretty empty. Or if I did feel anything, more often than not it was guilt or shame for spending money on worthless things that didn't even make me feel that good.

Where am I going with this? Well, today I actually do feel like spoiling myself. And amazingly enough, I even know what I want! A few days ago, I got some samples of skincare products- cleanser, toner and stuff like that- and have been using them (quite sparingly) since then. And I love them! Feels great on my skin, and maybe it's just in my mind, but my face does look a teeny, tiny bit more fresh and clear in the mirror.

So I figure since this voice saying "I want" so rarely pops into my head, I should welcome this. Embrace the fact that I for once desire something and dare express it. Right now it's skincare products, maybe tomorrow it's food (not in the bingeing way, but just in a normal healthy way of wanting something tasty). Who knows?

I'm doing a few more hours of work now, then meeting up with a supervisor to go over a presentation I need to do (nervous!) and after that, I think a quick trip to the store will make me feel so much better about the late night revision I have to look forward to!

x

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for the comment in my blog. Also, treating ourselves is a good thing. I've just recently decided to do this for myself; it really makes me look forward to things and puts a smile on my face. When we are in our addictions we seldom do anything nice for ourselves because we don't see ourselves as worthy -- but when we do, it sure does feel nice!

    PS: Can I add you to my blogroll?

    ReplyDelete